Monday, March 14, 2011

Creative Monday

Today was a day of new ideas! I had the whole evening to myself, and had a great time creating and watching the Bachelor finale! Having these letters that needed to be worked on, I treated the surface as I have been treating my canvases.  What a blast! I think I would like to do more of these letters for children's gifts.  I also tried using distress ink on them to create a finished look, and was very pleased with the results.  I'm still working on photographing, and finding something that works best for the work I'm creating.  When I get there- updating my etsy site will be next on my list. 
The most exciting idea of the day, is a collaboration project my cousin and friend are going to work on! We also created a blog zipcodespark.blogspot.com, to use to track our progress and document our work.  The blog is up, but hasn't been posted too yet, that will come. 

I took some pictures from around my studio.  Brandon and I are working on creating an organized space that works for me.  I think we are going to need to buy some shelves.  I should start posting before and after photos. 

Spring is in the air!
This is a honeycomb I found on the ground yesterday while helping with some lawn work. I used it to print on a painting I'm working on. The results were fun! I'll be on the lookout for honeycombs from now on.  Hopefully there won't be any bees around!

No comments: